Two overdose on Heroin at troubled Arnold hotel | News
ARNOLD, MO. (KTVI) – Two guests at a Value Place Extended Stay hotel in Arnold overdosed on heroin Friday, according to the Arnold Police Department.
The guests survived after first responders administered care.
“That couple was blessed to be alive,” Value Place Guest Christy Marquis said. “I knew drugs were prevalent, but I did not know they were prevalent here.”
The hotel has a checkered past. It includes multiple complaints of guests using drugs. In 2011, the Arnold Police Department was hired to provide security at the hotel.
The Rock Community Fire District responded to the call. Its firefighters are also trained paramedics.
“These folks need medication to reverse the impact of an overdose,” Rock Community Fire Protection District Public Information Officer Ron Harder said.
Hotel officials told FOX 2 that they “value” the safety of their guests and did their “best to handle the situation.”
“The staff here does a good job and even with all this I feel safe,” Marquis said.